Pet Urine Odor Removal
An effective way to remove pet stains & smells.
Ideally, pets would never make messes on our carpets or rugs. However, we all know that’s not the case and that accidents occasionally happen. Unfortunately, when these accidents involve urine, it’s not an easy clean and your carpets and rugs are at risk. Urine can seep deep below the carpets can ruin the pad and the floor underneath is not taken care of promptly and properly. This can be expensive to take care of and replace. Luckily, thanks to Nova Clean Chem-Dry’s revolutionary P.U.R.T.® (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) service, even carpets or area rugs severely damaged with pet urine can be saved. P.U.R.T.® is designed specifically to eliminate both pet urine odors and stains. If you’ve tried the products you bought from the store and the pet smells and stains are still there, give Nova Clean Chem-Dry in Chicago a call!
We also offer carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning, and area rug cleaning in the Chicago, Park Ridge, Highland Park, Long Grove, Buffalo Grove, Kildeer, Inverness, Palatine, and Barrington, IL areas.
Things You Should Know About Urine In Carpet:
When pets urinate on your carpets, it doesn’t just stay on the tops of the fibers. It seeps lower and lower until it has reached the backing of the carpet and the flooring beneath the carpet. And does your pet like to do its business in the same spot every time? If so, these locations can accumulate serious damage to the carpet & flooring. It’s not just the damage you have to worry about; it’s the smell as well. As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor.
That’s why Chem-Dry developed P.U.R.T.® to handle these hard to clean stains and smells, When P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
Highly recommend! Eric came out to clean a spot where my dog had gotten sick. I ended up getting all of my upstairs carpet cleaned. He was extremely thorough and professional. He’s also a super friendly and nice guy!
— Vicki R.
Let’s Take Your Through The P.U.R.T.® Process
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet or rug will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges may apply for services based on your unique situation and the amount of time and cleaning solution is required to remove the pet odors. Please note that this process may take up to 48-hours to fully dry. You may want to ventilate your home slightly so that the odor can escape.
Have you tried removing pet urine smells yourself? A lot of the over-the-counter remedies can sometimes do more hard than good. Additionally, other carpet cleaning companies tend to just mask the pet urine odor instead of removing the smell for good, like we do. Our process and solutions are also safe and non-toxic. Re-new your carpet today with Nova Clean Chem-Dry!